Friday, July 13, 2007

fun night with the fam

Tonight when dh got home we went to Chick Fil A with all 3 boys for dinner. Dh and I are taking a Dave Ramsey course at our church called "Financial Peace University." We are on a really tight budget right now so every penny counts. In fact, we are on a "strictly cash" budget. It feels good to hand someone cash instead of my debit card. ANYWAY, we had 2 free kids meals coupons from Samuel's Kindergarten that we shamelessly used. Because of the money we saved we were able to go get Milwaukee Joe's Ice cream afterwards. Their "Almond Joy" ice cream is the absolute best ice cream in the world. On the way home, the baby decided to be a cranky pants, so we sang silly songs all the way home. Dh found a way to turn the Noah song into a song about poo and toots, so the boys thought it was great. DH and I are going to Cancun in Oct. without kids for a production trip that he won at work. We didn't get to go last year because baby was too young. This means I need to work on weaning baby who will be one year old this month. He rarely nurses during the day, so it should be easy. I also cringe at the thought of being on a beach with my body so un-toned. I'd like to lose 10-12 more pounds and really tone up my arms, abs, and booty. I lost all of my pregnancy weight doing WW but got bored with it and gave it up right before I hit my goal. I could probably lose the 10 pounds in a few weeks if I would just do WW religiously. WHY DON'T I JUST DO IT??? I don't need to go to meetings. I know the program back and forth. I keep mixing up all these other weight loss ideas, which isn't working. Like I take a little from this program, and a little from that. I pretty much eat what I want and am able to maintain where I am at, which makes me feel encouraged that if I could just get rid of that extra 10 pounds that I could then maintain pretty easily. I also want to start doing some sit-ups, push ups, and wall squats each night. That with riding my bike every once in a while should do what I want. But when kids go to bed I am so lazy. I just want to veg. I have at least stopped eating after dinner. This is huge because dh and I love to reward a hard day when kids are in bed with a big bowl of delicious cereal. That was killing my figure. It is a mental challenge to not go get cereal, but instead go to bed a little hungry. I really need to buy some cute sun dresses too, but don't want to spend much money for them. Ok, the reason I am randomly rambling is because dh just put boys in bath, and baby is asleep. I have the whole house to myself and it is so quiet. HEAVEN!!!

1 comment:

nicole said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go to the beach so badly. We will be going to Chicago in October, but just for two nights. Husband's brother asked us to be godparents to their baby so we need to go for Baptism.
Good luck with the weight loss. I am still having trouble getting back into an exercise routine, even though I know it will help my energy levels. Start small and work your way up!

We have a Dave Ramsay book that we need to read. We keep talking about making changes but haven't done a very good job of it. Maybe we can help each other out in this area. Talk to you soon.

P.S.--You may want to add comment verification to avoid blog spam. It is slightly annoying for commentors, but keeps you from getting most strange comments.