Monday, September 24, 2007

I am back!!!

I have still enjoyed reading all my favorite blogs, and have had a ton of interesting things happen in the last few weeks that I COULD have blogged. However, I think laziness won that battle. I am inspired to get back to blogging. Let me catch you up on my life in the last few weeks. Lancelot has tolerated 1st grade. Every morning, when I wake him up, he says he wishes he was his sleeping 3 year old brother. He is happy when I pick him up and says he has had a great day. I worry about him making friends. He can be very sensitive and shy, at times. I drove by the school during recess the other day, and he was playing chase with a few other boys. He seemed really happy. His playground is at the corner of a 4 way stop. Just imagine a white suburban driving suspiciously slow past the playground, only to go around the block a few times to drive by again. I am sure the authorities were alerted. I got involved in the Moms In Touch group here. I really like it. I like the fact that by the end of the year each student, teacher, and staff member in the grade school will have been prayed for. Then we pray for specific prayer requests for our own children. I hope to get to know some more moms through this group. I am one of the only newbies, so Lancelot and I have that in common. Today is hubby's last day as a loan officer. A great opportunity came our way from a friend. Dh will be doing sales at his dad's company (where this friend also works). It is a total answer to prayer. Dh had to drive one hour to and from work each day, and the mortgage market doesn't look to be getting any better any time soon. Dh will be completely mobile and will be able to work some from home. This company is the opposite of "corporate" which dh LOVES. As you can imagine, he is really excited for this huge change in his employment. I just worked out for the first time in a few weeks. It felt good. My sister went with me. Hopefully we can make it there at least 3 times a week. Dh and I are also doing this 7 day cleanse/diet called the Sacred Heart diet. Today is veg. soup and fruit all day. So far so good. My mom invited me and sister out for lunch and I had enough will power to just order the fruit salad with no dressing. I usually stay away from these types of food plans, but I've got a big wedding to go to in Nov. and I need to drop 10 pounds. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

2 comments:

nicole said...

So glad to hear about the new job opportunity. I am sure it will relieve your stress quite a bit. We will certainly pray that is blesses the whole family.

Good luck on the working out. I did so well the first trimester getting on the treadmill, but haven't even glanced at it these last few weeks. I'm sure I will have gained about 8 pounds by my next visit.

Glad you're back blogging.

weavermom said...

Glad you are back!

Congrats on Lancelot doing well and school, and your hubby getting a new job. How exciting! And nice that he will be able to be home more!

Good luck with the weight loss! You'll have to let us know how it goes and how you feel. :)