Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 3 of this SUCKY diet...

DAY THREE
Eat all the soup, fruit and veggies you want. Do not have a baked potato. If you have eaten as above for three days and not cheated, you should find that you have lost 5-7 pounds.
Today has been just "ok." I was able to have a fruit salad for breakfast with my coffee. That was pretty normal. Then my mil took me to Black Eyed Pea for lunch. I ordered their veg. plate. You get a choice of 5 veggies. I ordered the carrots, green beans, Squash casserole, and double the Turnip greens. I asked the 15 year old waiter what was in the squash casserole and he said "just squash." Well that was good enough for me. There were breadcrumbs all over that squash, but I ate around them...sort of :*) And I ignored the bacon floating in my turnip greens. I can't help it if that is how they come on your plate, right? We did tell the waiter not to bring the delicious basket of piping hot rolls. That took lots of will power. I haven't weighed yet, but will in the am. I am pretty sure though that I have NOT lost 5-7 pounds. Dh and I got to eat a hot baked potato last night with real butter, and you would have thought we were eating Lobster the way we were moaning with delight. I'm pretty sure we weren't supposed to down a whole stick of butter between the 2 of us. Oh well, the diet wasn't specific on that rule. It just said enjoy a baked potato with butter tonight. Their words, not mine. Let me show you another quote from this diet: "This diet is fast. The secret lies within the principle that you will burn more calories than you take in. It will flush your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being." Well, I have not had a sense of well being. I feel like my brain has disconnected at times, and I've been really grumpy. I really don't know how vegetarians do it. I want meat so bad. Day after tomorrow is meat and tomatoes day. I CAN'T WAIT. Feel free to roll your eyes at my stupidity for doing this fad diet. I know I would if I were on your side of your computer monitor. But, I freaked when I saw that 7 pound gain. It snuck up on me like tax day. Tomorrow is bananas and skim milk day. GOD HELP ME!$#$%%@

2 comments:

nicole said...

Wow. You have much more will power than I do. I'm impressed at your efforts. And how nice of MIL to take you to lunch. :)

Momma Roar said...

Keep on keeping on! I've been getting up and exercising - but I know I need to change my eating habits as well. :(