Monday, January 25, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

It's "CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE AND PANTRY WEEK!"  I don't know about you but my fridge and pantry look full after several months of picking up odds and ends at the store that were probably NOT on my list.  Well, we are trying to follow a strict food budget, so I am going to only spend the $20 cash I have in my wallet for groceries for the week.  Luckily, we are stocked on cereal, eggs, bread, etc.  I will only need a few fresh fruits and veggies.  Another thing in my favor is that I get to shift several of last weeks entrees to this week.   When I planned our weekly menu last week I had totally forgotten that DH and I were going to be at a conference Friday-Sunday.  Things may get "creative" by the end of the week, but I know we won't go hungry.  The combinations might just be a bit funny.  I always feel so good after a clean out week like this, because then I can start fresh with new recipes and not just piece together stuff I already have.  So here is this week:

Monday-
Tomato and Spinach Pizza

Tuesday-
Turkey Meatballs, Green beans, baked potatoes

Wed.
sweetly succulent Mahi Mahi (sound familiar from last week?), brown rice, & Oven Fried Okra

Thurs.-
Leftovers

Friday-
BBQ Turkey Joes, with whatever is left in pantry or freezer (TBD)

As always, head on over to Organizing Junkie for hundreds of Menu Plan Monday ideas.


No comments: