Sunday, February 24, 2008

I don't get...

"Exquisite Timepieces" aka EXPENSIVE BUTT WATCHES!!! Dh and I were looking through a local magazine pretentiously named, "Elegant Lifestyle" that is delivered to our door for free. I think they got the wrong house. Anyway, on the back cover was an add for a local jeweler who sells Rolex watches. This is the picture of the watch featured:
Dh asked how much I thought that watch was and I guessed $4000. We looked it up and it is averaging $4500...give or take some change. I have been completely humiliated before in a jewelry store as I innocently looked for a watch to give to my love at Christmas. The humiliation came when I spit my coke out on their shiny glass as soon as they told me how much the watch I was looking at was. I think I literally said to the gal, "You've got to be joking, right?"

I have heard that gold diggers hunt for their next millionaire by checking out the watch he wears. I guess I don't run anywhere near those crowds...thank goodness. Even if I did have a lot of money, I would NEVER waste it on an "Exquisite Timepiece." Here is my cool watch:



I mean really.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's what I use for a "watch" these days too! LOL!

Unknown said...

me again... I've tagged you for a meme so come check it out!

Natalie said...

that is my "watch" too!!!