Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Need new clothes

musings of a housewife had this great blog on fashion must haves. I really need to get serious about updating my very shabby (but not chic), dated wardrobe. For the past 6 years I have not really wanted to spend much money or attention on clothes because I knew I was still going to be getting pregnant and losing baby weight for a few more years. Now that I am out of that phase, I feel like getting my wardrobe in order. I need to have appropriate outfits for the different occasions in my life. I still have small children with sticky hands, so I will probably not spend a lot of money on expensive, impractical clothes. I did find a great little black dress at Kohls and it is machine washable. I thought it was going to be hard to find a dress that looked good, but this one hides what needs to be hidden and accentuates my curves.



This dress makes me feel a little like Audrey Hepburn. Now I just need the right jewelry and shoes. Any ideas????

I am going to be seriously cleaning out my closet in the near future. If it is stained (like most of my clothes) or doesn't make me feel good when I am wearing it, it goes to goodwill. I may be left with 5 items, but this will FORCE me to buys something new to replace it. When I am out I may see a beautiful sweater or something but think to myself, "I don't need that because I have that one black sweater in my closet all ready." However, I never wear the one in my closet because it is itchy and the sleeves are too short. Can anyone relate???

4 comments:

weavermom said...

um.... OH YES! I'm in the same phase of being ready to leave the 90s! he he

I have to confess that I've started not paying attention to how much things cost (though I do pay attention to what stores I go in. :) ) I'm at the point - if I wear it and I look good in it, it's a good thing!

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

I totally agree! I have started spending more money on clothes and buying better shoes-no more Payless! Buying quality "classic" clothing makes more sense than purchasing cheap trendy stuff. I really feel that more expensive clothes DO make you look and feel better. Besides, I love to shop!

nicole said...

Very cute dress! I love clothes and shopping. And I get rid of stuff regularly. I think the shoes for the dress should be some awesome peep-toe heels. Black would be practical, but not very exciting. Maybe red, or black and red if you could find a cute pair?
Have fun shopping. And Michele D shoes at Dillard's are very comfortable and not too expensive (about sixty dollars a pair, but well worth it).

Unknown said...

Definitely red shoes! I got a great pair of red, peep-toe, patent ones (all the trends for fall in one!) at Target. Love them!