Thursday, July 31, 2008

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

I guess I took the summer off for blogging. Didn't plan on doing it, but just kind of forgot about it. When I would think about it, I wasn't too interested. Plus, blogging, reading other blogs, and thinking of new blogs, was really stealing from doing what I am supposed to be doing.....being a full time mommy. Soooo, I am too tired to catch everyone up (all 2 of you) to what is new in my life, so I will just do a bullet point list: 1. My family plus my sister's family and my mom are all heading to the Tx Hill country on Sunday for a family vacation. We have rented a 5 bedroom house on the Blanco River. Picture natural swimming holes, tubing down rivers, hiking, eating, etc. 2. My husband worked his tail off at work to win us an all expense trip to Sandals in St. Lucia. It will be just the 2 of us. I AM SO FLIPPING EXCITED! We haven't been on a trip without kids in 7 years. We leave in Sept. Beaches, swimming pools, naps...YES! 3. I just got the new 3G Iphone. I hated it the first 2 weeks. I am tolerating it now, but still think real buttons are better. This high tech thing is totally wasted on me. I feel like an old fart. 4. My baby (youngest boy of 3) just turned 2 on Sunday. He is our last child, and so every new thing he does is so wonderful and yet kind of sad. 5. My kid goes back to school in like 4 weeks and I just realized we have done almost NO school work this summer. He has been reading a lot, but my plans of journaling and flash cards every night kind of went out the window. 6. We are trying to decide if we should sign 7 year old up for some sort of sport. We are reluctant to get that sort of thing started as we are very protective of our family time. We'll see. That is it. I will post pics. later.

3 comments:

weavermom said...

It's good to hear from you! Glad you are enjoying your summer!

Way to go hubby on the Sandals trip. Ooo, I'm jealous! ;)

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Sounds like you've been able to enjoy your summer w/ your boys. Have fun on your vacation!

We're in the middle of the big WC Fair. Remember the excitement??

nicole said...

So jealous of your trip. If I'm lucky we'll head to Austin for a wedding in November with just one kid in tow.

We have done no school work here either. Tons of reading, some writing, but nothing intentional. And that's okay. :)

Enjoy the blazing hot hill country.