Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Life.....

This was a full week in my life. My brother in law gave birth to their first son on 8/8/08. It was so fun to be on the "aunt" side of the delivery room, and not in that bed. It was so exciting waiting for that little guy to be born. He is beautiful. The next day was a complete contrast. My very best friend had a son too, but he was stillborn at 28 weeks. They had been told several weeks ago that the baby had some heart defects and some chromosonal abnormalities. We've been praying like crazy and standing on God's Word for complete healing of that baby. On 8/9/08 she went to the doctor because she hadn't felt him move in a while. There was no heartbeat. She had to be induced and deliver him. She was in labor for a day and a half. All things considered, she is doing well, and is supported by a lot of loving family. It is hard to know WHY these things happen. I can't say for sure, but I am thankful that baby never had to suffer on this earth. I just got the new Hillsong CD, "This is Our God." I went on youtube to see if there was any footage of the recording and this "behind the scenes" video of "The Desert Song" came up. It really ministered to me and my friend. This CD is so good. I highly recommend it. Life is full of highs and some deep lows. Followers of Christ are certainly not exempt from the effects of living in a fallen world. I am so glad I have a caring God to walk with me thru the good times and carry me thru the tough times. More to say on this later... This is my prayer in the desert And all that's within me feels dry This is my prayer in the hunger in me My God is a God who provides Verse 2: And this is my prayer in the fire In weakness or trial or pain There is a faith provedOf more worth than gold So refine me Lord through the flames Chorus: And I will bring praiseI will bring praise No weapon forged against me shall remain I will rejoiceI will declare God is my victory and He is here Verse 3: And this is my prayer in the battle When triumph is still on it's way I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ So firm on His promise I'll stand Bridge: All of my life In every season You are still GodI have a reason to sing I have a reason to worship Verse 4: This is my prayer in the harvest When favor and providence flow I know I'm filled to be empited again The seed I've recieved I will sow In every season, we have a reason to sing and worship. WOW!

2 comments:

nicole said...

Exciting on the new nephew.

Sad to hear about your friend. I'll pray for her (even though I don't know her). One of my good friends delivered a full-term stillborn and it is so hard to see a friend go through that. It certainly makes our own blessings more clear, even on the bad days.

weavermom said...

Oh, Glory - how terrible for your friend. I will be praying for her as she walks through the dark grief.

And congrats on your new nephew!!!