Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Menu Plan Monday...er..Tuesday



Well, I might be a day late in getting this out there, but at least I am getting it out.  I have had a weekly menu in my head for a few days, but haven't been able to get it in writing.  I HAVE to have it in writing.


Another thing I am working on is sticking more to a task oriented schedule each day.  I make the schedule the night before.  So far, so good.  I give myself a few assignments for the next day, along with blocks of time to do the things I need to do like, reading to boys, spending some quality time with each kid even if it is only 10 minutes.  I also feel like God is telling me to focus on being "PRESENT" in the moment.  If it is a homeschool block of time, I need to be fully in that, and not distracted.  Same goes for lunch.  This seems like a small thing, but since trying to stick to what is assigned for that day, I realize that I am in the habit of being swayed here and there by random thoughts.  Then by the end of the day, I have 5 open projects around the house, and the air is full of confusion and chaos.  God is a God of order, and my family and I definitely function better under order than confusion and chaos.  Who doesn't?

Happy Week!  Enjoy the sunshine and take some time to read with your children.  It will bless you both.


Monday- Baked Tilapia, brown rice, and sauteed Cabbage
Tues.  Slow Cooker Turkey Meatball lasagna (I am using turkey meatballs instead of hamburger cuz that is what I have)
Wed.-Crispy Rosemary Chicken and Fries (borrowed this from Organizing Junkie)
Thurs.  Leftovers
Friday- herb mediterranean chicken pizza (also borrowed from organizing junkie)
Sat. - go out to eat after chruch
Sunday- Sloppy joes, baked (fried) okra, fruit

1 comment:

nicole said...

Better late than never! I have meals planned for the week, but didn't post it this week. Mainly because I didn't really plan until yesterday.